We are seeking a Casual Part-Time cook for an in-residence treatment centre in Vancouver BC.
Prepares and serves normal and occasionally special diets in a residential setting. Responsible for maintenance of kitchen area, cleanliness, and sanitation as well as strict adherence to safe food preparation standards is required.
Nature and Scope of Work
Reports directly to the Food Services Program Coordinator, Chef.
Illustrative Examples of Work
- Prepares foodstuffs, cooks and serves appetizing meals to residential facility clients and staff.
- Works from prepared menus. Implements practises to minimize wastage as outlined in kitchen protocol.
- Washes, dries and puts away kitchen utensils and dishes.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of kitchen appliances, counters and general area.
- Maintains cleanliness in staff lounge removes dishes, replaces supplies.
- Relieves Chef as assigned.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work with colleagues and community members (clients) effectively.
- Physically able to perform the duties of the job.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written.
- Ability to function independently in accordance with written instructions and menus provided by the Chef.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time (prep work, cooking, and services).
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, cook and serve nutritional meals.
Education, Training & Experience
- Combination of two years of training and experience in general cooking.
- Food Safe certificate.
Accommodations will be made based on accessibility requirement.
We encourage individuals with lived experience or who reflect the diversity of the community we serve to apply.
About Pacifica Treatment Centre:
Pacifica Treatment Centre Society (Pacifica) is an innovative charitable non-profit organization that has been providing in-residence treatment for individuals experiencing problematic substance use, mental health, and/or trauma since 1977. Pacifica has implemented a continuum of programs and services, fostering self-discovery, self-empowerment, and, selfactualization with a focus towards enhancing quality of life and well-being. Pacifica offers a continuum of programs and services, which are provided in-person or virtually, for individuals residing in the province of British Columbia. Our service continuum provides 2-year touchpoints to assist individuals to transform and rebuild their lives by offering the following programs and services:
- Pre-Engagement Program;
- In-residence Primary Treatment Program;
- Integrative Wellness Program;
- Resiliency & Trauma Program;
- Continuing Care Program; and,
- Alumni Services.
- We promote a positive work culture around our core values: Accountability, Advocacy, Client-centred, Diversity, Innovation & Excellence, Integrity, and Life-Long Learning;
- We encourage staff engagement and active participation in the co-creation of programs and services, and a healthy and safe work environment;
- We embrace trauma-informed, cultural humility, and concurrent-capable philosophies of care and support;
- We are committed to the meaningful engagement of individuals with lived experience; and,
- We are committed to the principles of equity, diversity, inclusivity, accessibility, and belonging in all aspects of our work.
If this sounds like an environment that you would thrive in, please consider this opportunity. We encourage individuals with lived experience and/or who identify/reflect/represent the diversity of British Columbia and the population we serve.