- Adult men and women (minimum age 19 years). Pregnant women have priority admission.
- Generally, clients are not accepted if on sedative-hypnotics including benzodiazepines as they are contraindicated in chemically dependent clients. Opiate analgesic use in chemically dependent patients is often problematic and chronic pain is best managed without these medications. Exceptions will need to be reviewed by our physician before referral is further processed. (see Prohibited Medications at Pacifica)
- Clients with concurrent disorders require a current psychiatric assessment, a current addictions counsellor and must be stabilized on current medication. Pacifica may require a client to be connected to a Mental Health Team.
- In order to be admitted, out-of-town clients must bring with them a return bus or flight ticket.
- Clients must not have been in a correctional facility within six months of application. An exception can be made for clients who have been in a structured support recovery house for three months. Clients are expected to enter treament using therapy-appropriate behaviour that respects self, others and the treatment program.
- For their own safety and the safety of others, clients with an eating disorder must not act in ways that put their own health at risk or in ways that trigger or distress other clients while in treatment.
Specific criteria for LEVEL I
- Minimum 72 hours alcohol & drug free. At the discretion of staff we reserve the right to not admit a client if medically unstable and/or exhibiting signs of acute withdrawal.
- Must be medically/mentally stable. Detox must be complete and client not still on a medication withdrawal regime.
- Appropriate for a mixed-gender group and living environment.
- Ability to understand and verbally communicate in English
- In case of early discharge client must have housing in place.
Specific criteria for LEVEL II
- Must be medically/mentally stable
Minimum 14 days alcohol & drug free before admission/interview
Ability to participate in an intensive gender-specific or co-ed group therapy program
No court dates or other appointments that would require missing program.
Appropriate for a mixed-gender living environment.
Ability to understand and verbally communicate in English
In case of early discharge client must have housing in place.
Specific criteria for LEVEL III
- Depending on bed availability
- Referred from Pacifica’s Level II program or has completed another Residential Intensive Treatment Program
- Currently on a wait list for a Support Recovery House, or needing support for re-entry into community i.e. housing needs; establishing support system.
- Approximate length of stay is 2 weeks except when on a Recovery House wait list.