|We are looking for an Intake Coordinator to fill a temporary one day a week position . This position is expected to last 3 months but may go longer and the number of days may increase.
Nature and Scope of Work
This position involves collecting, reviewing and organizing referral information for potential clients, setting up assessment interviews, planning and organizing intake schedules, arranging admission times including phone orientations, discussing client readiness with referral agents and the prospective clients, planning and coordinating subsidized and private, along with any other tasks required for client intakes or transfers. In addition to maintaining the waiting list a portion of this jobs involves developing relationships with potential funders such as EAP’s, Disability Managers and HR personnel. The position requires a large degree of marketing, initiative, organization and good judgement.
Illustrative Examples of Work
- Collecting incoming client referral forms, preparing screening assessment forms for each applicant and organizing client files.
- Writing assessment notes recording communication, issues or concerns raised and admission plans with client, referral agents or others involved with the client.
- Reviewing referral forms, physician’s reports, psych reports, funding forms and other information sent as part of a referral.
- Passing medical questions or concerns about clients onto Pacifica’s resident physician for review.
- Discussing or referring difficult or complex clients or difficult client situations to Program Manager.
- Fielding applicant questions about the facility, the treatment program, wait lists, funding or other concerns.
- Gathering needed client information from the client, referral agent, funding source or others involved with client to assist in admission to appropriate level of treatment. Discussing treatment options, readiness and appropriateness of admissions with the client, referral agent, or other involved parties.
- Printing and reviewing Pharmanet records of recently prescribed medications for every client before admission and noting current medications that are prohibited at Pacifica.
- Setting up assessment interviews for private clients with counselling staff.
- Planning and organizing waitlists and intake schedules for admissions and in-house transfers.
Skills & Abilities:
- Computer skills, especially word processing.
- Good knowledge of an addictions treatment program.
- Able to respond calmly and clearly to applicants, referral agents or funding sources.
- Dependable, mature attitude, respect confidentiality of information.
- Excellent marketing and public relation skills.
Training & Experience:
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent with commercial or business school training.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years clerical experience.
- Two years marketing experience.
Please email a copy of your resume using the link below. Phone calls not accepted.